· Messianic times as described by Isaiah and Micah: Total harmony between humans and God, humans among each other and humans and nature
· Turn weapons into instruments of peace (quote swords into plowshares…)
· Passage ends: Every person shall sit under their wine and under their fig tree and none shall make them afraid.
· We are being made to be afraid: I am afraid of wars in some parts of the world, violence in the streets, terrorism around the globe, natural disasters….
· I am also afraid when Governments bring in unjust laws to fight injustice, breach principles of freedom to fight violence, enact laws which are against civil rights to protect us from terrorism.
· All religions are different and should be respected for their individual expressions of worship and spirituality(don’t like the word tolerance…)
· But all religions also have at fundamentally the goals to pursue and achieve peace.
· We need to find the common ground to understand and work on shared values and work towards peace together.
· We need to marginalize all extremists whether in our religious communities or in our social and political life.
· Need join forces to defeat that and those who make us afraid.
· This event-great beginning.